Thursday 29 May 2014

Week 13

G'day all!

I hope you've had a good week! Well done on completing the ecological footprint last week and pledging to do something to lower your footprint! It's scary to think about how many hectares it takes to support our lifestyle!

Today we're back at looking at famous Australians! We've nearly finished the list! Open this link and answer the questions about these two famous Australian women. You can print out a copy of the questions to help you! Hand the sheet up to me after you've answered the questions.

If you're feeling adventurous you can try this quiz about famous Australian Aborigines! I only got 78%! I had to guess some of the answers because I hadn't actually heard of some of the people! Shame on me!

By now you've also had a look at some important events in the history of Australia. Did you see a connection with some of the people we looked at? For example, we looked at Rev John Flynn and Melanie did the Royal Flying Doctor's Service so there's the link! What other people are connected to events?

Of all the people you've read about, who made an impression on you? For example, if you could have dinner with one of them (I know most of them are dead... just pretend) who would you choose and what questions would you ask them? Think about this.

I'll give you a sheet with a few questions to think about and we'll do it in class later today or next Tuesday.

Good luck with getting the first draft of your report ready for Melanie.

Have a good weekend and happy blogging!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment